Anticorruption Compliance and Investigations (Asia)
Duane Morris & Selvam advises corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships on developing internal anticorruption programs to educate officers, owners and employees in all aspects of compliance. We also counsel our clients on conducting internal investigations and defend companies in government investigations, criminal prosecutions and civil enforcement actions.
Are you compliant with Asian and US/UK anti-corruption laws?
Most countries in Asia have strict anticorruption legislation with heavy penalties for companies who are involved in bribery.
The US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Anti-Bribery Act apply to US/UK and non-US/UK companies doing business internationally. Other countries' laws may also apply to you.
- Preparing anticorruption policies and procedures
- Pre and post acquisition due diligence
- Due diligence on agents and third party service providers
- Internal investigations
- Criminal defense
Recent Attorney Representative Matters
- Conducting an internal bribery investigation into alleged bribery of public officials for a major global hospitality company in respect of its business in Southeast Asia.
- Conducting an internal bribery investigation into a Vietnamese target company for an MNC client.
- Preparing an anticorruption program for a major international food company.
- Advising a major international investment bank in carrying out a bribery risk assessment and preparing a compliance program for its real estate business in China.
- Advising a UK JV property development company in carrying out a bribery risk assessment of its business and preparing an anticorruption program.
- Advising a MNC property development company in carrying out a global corruption risk assessment and preparing an anticorruption program.
For more information, contact Samuel R. Sharpe, Head of Corporate Criminal Investigations and Compliance (Asia), at (65) 6311 3691 or SSharpe@duanemorrisselvam.com.