We are able to represent participants in every aspect of development, financing, construction and operation of capital intensive projects and facilities around the region. Our lawyers have experience advising international banks, financial institutions, multilaterals, developers and investors. Their projects include power plants, pulp mills, telecommunications networks and facilities and other infrastructure assets.
We have advised on matters such as:
- Structuring project arrangements - these arrangements include conventional construction and term loan facilities, letters of credit facilities, commercial paper facilities and financing from multilateral institutions
- Negotiating, drafting and evaluating key project documents and financing related documents such as off-take agreements, sponsor support agreements, subordination agreements and intercreditor agreements
- Preparing tender documentation, bids and proposals to acquire project assets
Some of the transactions which our lawyers have worked on include the following:
- US$268 million equivalent of the Tala-Delhi Transmission project in India, the first private-public partnership in the transmission sector in India
- US$215 million project financing of PanAsia Long-Teng Paper Co. Ltd.’s greenfield newsprint mill in Hebei, PRC – Project Finance Magazine’s Asia-Pacific Industrial Deal of the Year, 2003