Funds, Private Equity & Venture Capital
We represent high-net worth individuals, private equity funds, venture capital funds and investee companies from a wide range of industries (including life sciences, education, technology, insurance and natural resources) at every point in the investment process, from helping them to negotiate and evaluate private equity transactions to restructuring and selling distressed businesses.
Our current clients include finance houses, global commercial and investment banks, investment managers, corporate financiers, offshore hedge funds, private equity firms and investors, private investment companies and insurance companies.
We have expertise on advising in relation to all types of investment instruments, including preferred and common equity, senior, subordinated and convertible debt, bridge loans, options, warrants and exchangeable instruments. We also have long-standing and broad-based experience in the important process of exiting investments and realising value, including public offerings, recapitalisations, strategic sales and workouts.
Such wealth of experience enables us to identify key market terms and emerging trends.
Our services include:
- Handling applications for authorisation of businesses and individuals by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”), attending and advising our clients in the course of interviews by the MAS
- Advising MAS regulated firms on issues under the relevant Singapore legislation, their continuing activities within Singapore’s financial services regulatory framework and ongoing MAS compliance and regulatory issues
- Advising on the marketing of a wide range of investment funds, an area which is heavily regulated
- Structuring hedge funds and funds of hedge funds and advising on their operation
- Structuring corporate funds whose shares are traded on the Alternative Investment Market
- Reviewing private equity fund documentation on behalf of potential investors
- Advising on the negotiation and documentation of complex derivative transactions and their regulatory treatment
- Advising investment managers both on and off-shore
- Advising corporate finance houses
- Tax and structuring advice for investors, investment vehicles and individuals principals
For more information, please contact Leon Yee, Ramiro Rodriguez, Jamie Benson or any of the legal professionals at Duane Morris & Selvam.